The Nanoscale World

Force measurement data analysis

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12
Anjani Jha posted on Thu, Dec 2 2010 2:18 PM

I have measured cohesion force between two pharmaceutical (excipients) particles using Multimode AFM (picoforce). One particle is mounted on the probe and other is placed on the glass slide. How I can perform data analysis online or offline?. Can you tell me the steps I have to follow.

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
75 Posts
Points 3,652
Suggested by Ben Ohler

Hi Anjani,

Bruker's offline force curve analysis tools are described in this Application Note: NanoScope Software Tools for Force Spectroscopy Data Analysis. In particular, the "Multiple Curve Analysis" function is very effective at automatically finding and tabulating the maximum adhesion in each retraction curve in a large batch of files. If you find that you need a more sophisticated analysis then you will find the batch ASCII export function helpful to import the curves into third-party software.

You might also find a recent publication by one Bruker's scientists and his collaborators interesting: Atomic Force Microscopy-Based Screening of Drug-Excipient Miscibility and Stability of Solid Dispersions.

Regards,

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments