Icon PT / Nanolithography / Some questions about functions in the C++ libraries

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
8 Posts
Points 93
Jakub Holan posted on Fri, May 11 2012 1:08 PM

Hi everyone,

today we tried the Nanoman software for scratching into a Polycarbonate sample and we got some nice results.

Then we went into writing scripts for Nanolithography and we found that some things we could not do, because we didn't find the right functions and we didn't understand the ones that are in the manual.

1. Is there a macro for changing the mode used (Contact, Tapping)? In Nanoman I could choose which mode to use for movement between scratches and then for the actual scratches, but I didn't find such functions in Nanolitho.
  2. What exactly happens when I use the LithoMoveZ() function? I mean apart from the movement I think it also turns off my feedback. Is that true? Is there anything else?
  3. What exactly does LithoTranslate() do? Again, apart from the movement, does it use Tapping Mode? Can I set it differently?

What I would like to achieve is that I would like to move between lines in feedbacked Tapping in very low force and then scratch the lines in feedbacked Contact, where I could directly set the deflection setpoint to maintain the force for my kind of sample.

I very much appreciate this site!

Jakub

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 75 Contributor
13 Posts
Points 149

Hi Jacub,

referring to your questions:

(1) Not in the standard Litho-library. This needs the full Nanoscript-package. There is a command "SetAFMMode" in NanoScript_Scan.h, which is not available for the simple Litho-scripting functionality.

(2) Yes, it switches off feedback and moves the tip in z by the specified distance and the specified speed.

(3) LithoTranslate uses feedback, when it is set, e.g. in a litho-script with LithoFeedback(true) [or not explicitly disabled]. It uses the feedback settings from the Nanoscope software. So if you operate the command in tapping mode profile, it will use tapping mode feedback.

You can do what you intend without using a litho script. Nanoman allows to switch in between tapping mode for moving and contact mode for scratching. You can do this in the "path mode", using different settings for the "segment and "connect" tabs. In path mode, you can e.g. define the lines for scratching (using a certain contact mode setpoint) with the settings from the segment tab, and the move in between the segments with the settings from the connect tab. I believe, you can select in between a polygon, single line, or polyline as a path (right click into the Nanoman image display to change the drawing tool in "path mode"). If you want to use several lines to scratch with a movement without scratching in between them, use the single line as drawing tool. One can place several of these single lines in the image template, which will then be worked out one after the other.

For further questions, you can contact me as well offline. My email address is: hartmut.stadler@bruker-nano.com Smile.

Regards,

Hartmut.

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
13 Posts
Points 149

Hi Jacub,

(1) Not in the standard Litho-library. This needs the full Nanoscript-package. There is a command "SetAFMMode" in NanoScript_Scan.h, which is not available for the simple Litho-scripting functionality.

(2) Yes, it switches off feedback and moves the tip in z by the specified distance and the specified speed.

(3) LithoTranslate uses feedback, when it is set, e.g. in a litho-script with LithoFeedback(true) [or not explicitly disabled]. It uses the feedback settings from the Nanoscope software. So if you operate the command in tapping mode profile, it will use tapping mode feedback.

You can do what you intend without using a litho script. Nanoman allows to switch in between tapping mode for moving and contact mode for scratching. You can do this in the "path mode", using different settings for the "segment and "connect" tabs. In path mode, you can e.g. define the lines for scratching (using a certain contact mode setpoint) with the settings from the segment tab, and the move in between the segments with the settings from the connect tab. I believe, you can select in between a polygon, single line, or polyline as a path (right click into the Nanoman image display to change the drawing tool in "path mode"). If you want to use several lines to scratch with a movement without scratching in between them, use the single line as drawing tool. One can place several of these single lines in the image template, which will then be worked out one after the other.

For further questions, you can contact me as well offline. My email address is: hartmut.stadler@bruker-nano.com Smile.

Regards,

Hartmut.

• | Post Points: 13
Top 100 Contributor
10 Posts
Points 115

Hi Hartmut,

I am a PhD candidate from University of Science and Technology of China and focuing on functional materials synthesis and characterization mainly based on Bruker Dimension Icon SPM.

Now I want to re-combinate the standard commands to build a new script, and the file "NanoScript_Scan.h" is indispensable which I cannot get in my SPM system.

Could you do me a favor and send me the file that is valid in NanoScope 9.1 version software.

Thank you very much

My email is mdechao@mail.ustc.edu.cn or mdechao@163.com.

Hartmut:

Hi Jacub,

Regards,

Hartmut.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments