The Nanoscale World

How to convert capture files to image files?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 24
camiverson34 posted on Mon, Jun 20 2011 1:27 PM

In nanoscope software (any version) is there a way to convert old "capture format" files to "image format" files? I have a number of files that weren't properly transferred before the software was upgraded and the old software removed.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

In Nanoscope v5 and earlier we did not support opening files with older versions of Nanoscope if the files were created in newer versions (even within the same major version number). However, there is a command line option that can sometimes override this behavior -- I would say that it is worth trying, but I don't have high hopes for it working. To use the command line option, right-click on the link to Nanoscope and select properties. Edit the target to add '-v' after the Z.exe (no quotes). Click OK, and next time you run Nanoscope it might be able to open your file.

Another option would be to give Nanoscope Analysis a try. Directions on how to download it are located here: http://nanoscaleworld.bruker-axs.com/nanoscaleworld/media/p/775.aspx

Good luck!

--Bede

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 24

Thanks for the recommendation.

I have tried both of these. After making the changes in the target line, when I try to open the files, the program gives an error message and closes.

The analysis software doesn't recognize the files as nanoscope files.

-Cameron

Top 200 Contributor
5 Posts
Points 54

Hi Cameron,

If you can send the files you have to AFMsupport@bruker-nano.com, we can try to see if there's a way to convert them. Please address it to me. Or you can simply upload the files in the attachment.

Thanks,

Ruizi

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments