The Nanoscale World

IV plotting:CAFM

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
23 Posts
Points 268
Sandeep Singh posted on Tue, Jul 19 2011 10:35 AM

hi...we have nanoscope V (multimode V) SPM. Recently we have procured CAFM/TUNA application module. we have software version V720. we were imaging one sample and gave some offsets to find the desired feature on the sample ( modified region already done by lithography), then we moved to point and shoot feature for IV plotting on desired region. we selected different points on the image and clicked on the ramp. we observed through CCD that tip is actually moving to its zero offset position and ramping the point over there. we are not able to get IV on the desired part with offsets using software version V720. however with software version V730 we are able to do it successfully. we have certain issues of using lithography program in software version v730 thereby preferring to use v720 but we are facing problem in getting IV with offsets.......plz help 

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 25 Contributor
55 Posts
Points 831
Bruker Employee
Verified by Sandeep Singh

Hi Sandeep,

I recall there was a problem doing ramping (for instance I-V curves) in Point&Shoot mode or Array mode in v720, which was fixed in v730. Can you elaborate what kind of problems you have with v730 on lithography? It is easier for us to fix a problem in the latest version; than go back to fix an old version (we do not usu do this).

Thanks

Chunzeng

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
55 Posts
Points 831
Bruker Employee
Verified by Sandeep Singh

Hi Sandeep,

I recall there was a problem doing ramping (for instance I-V curves) in Point&Shoot mode or Array mode in v720, which was fixed in v730. Can you elaborate what kind of problems you have with v730 on lithography? It is easier for us to fix a problem in the latest version; than go back to fix an old version (we do not usu do this).

Thanks

Chunzeng

Top 50 Contributor
23 Posts
Points 268

hi chunzeng....

thanks for the reply regarding I-V through point and shoot.

Regarding Lithography: we have multimode V also we are not using closed loop scanner and for lithography first we have to write program in C++, for this we  are using Microsoft Visual basic software. As far program is concerned everything is going well. It is successfully compiled and then its .dll file was made successfully. Now when the lithography program was executed using v720 it is working fine but when the same program was used with v730 (offcourse .dll file was made using v730 for this version) after execution it is not displaying Lithography Status Box, where we can see actually what tip is doing at that time.

One more thing I would like to know if we have executed certain lithography program using nanoscope software then is it possible to stop the program in mid way without the completion of   full lithography program or not?

Thanks

Sandeep

Top 25 Contributor
55 Posts
Points 831
Bruker Employee

Hi Sandeep,

Is it possible that you send me the source code and the .dll, so we can try out.

Thanks

Chunzeng

Top 50 Contributor
23 Posts
Points 268

hi chunzeng Li.....

sure i can send ..plz give me your mail id.....

Thanks

Sandeep

Top 25 Contributor
55 Posts
Points 831
Bruker Employee

Hi Sandeep,

Sorry for the delay. My email is: chunzeng.li@bruker-nano.com.

Chunzeng

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments