The Nanoscale World

Do the tips ´OTESPA´ have the Al coating on the front side?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
58 Posts
Points 652
stsolong posted on Thu, Jul 5 2012 5:54 AM

Hi friends,

I have a question about the tip ´OTESPA´.

Right now I use it for Kelvin Probe Microscopy measurements. As you know, the tip for KP measurement should be conductive. When I check the details of tip ´OTESPA´, it only says the back side of cantilever is coated with Al.

Does this type´s tip have the Al coating also on the front side( I mean the side with the tip on)? Can I use this kind of tip for Kelvin probe measurement?

Thanks a lot!

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
75 Posts
Points 3,652
Verified by stsolong

No, there is no tip coating on OTESPA probes. The Al coating is backside only for better reflectivity.

MESP or SCM-PIT probes are commonly used for KPFM. If you like the visible apex tip feature of the OTESPA probes, then you might also check out the OSCM-PT probes.

Details for each can be found at Bruker Probes.

Regards,

-Ben

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
75 Posts
Points 3,652
Verified by stsolong

No, there is no tip coating on OTESPA probes. The Al coating is backside only for better reflectivity.

MESP or SCM-PIT probes are commonly used for KPFM. If you like the visible apex tip feature of the OTESPA probes, then you might also check out the OSCM-PT probes.

Details for each can be found at Bruker Probes.

Regards,

-Ben

Top 25 Contributor
58 Posts
Points 652

Thank you very much Ben! It helps a lot. I have the SCM-PIT tip for conductive- AFM measurements.  I can also use it for KPFM.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments