View Setpoint Used in Nanoscope Analysis

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
21 Posts
Points 247
Ashley Slattery posted on Mon, Jun 4 2012 10:16 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to determine the setpoint that was used when acquiring some images taken with a Dimension Fastscan system.

In Nanoscope Analysis, looking in the "Display Properties of (Filename) > Ciao Scan List" window, I can find values such as the scan rate and gains among many other values, but can't seem to find the setpoint that was used.

The images were taken in PeakForce tapping mode with all ScanAsyst options disabled, with the sepoint set manually.

Could someone please point me to the name of the value that corresponds to the setpoint?

Regards,

Ash

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Hi Ash,

Probably the easiest way to get the setpoint information is to use the browser in the details mode.  By default, the setpoint is not listed.  To add it, right click on the header line of the browser (where it says Name, Modified, etc) --  you will get a list of parameters that you can show or hide.  The setpoint in Peak Force Tapping is listed as "Force Setpoint" and it is given in Volts, so you will have to convert by multiplying by Deflection Sensitivity and Spring Constant if you want it in nN.

--Bede

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Hi Ash,

Probably the easiest way to get the setpoint information is to use the browser in the details mode.  By default, the setpoint is not listed.  To add it, right click on the header line of the browser (where it says Name, Modified, etc) --  you will get a list of parameters that you can show or hide.  The setpoint in Peak Force Tapping is listed as "Force Setpoint" and it is given in Volts, so you will have to convert by multiplying by Deflection Sensitivity and Spring Constant if you want it in nN.

--Bede

Top 50 Contributor
21 Posts
Points 247

Thanks for that Bede,

I've only been able to find the three options below with regards to setpoint:

"Deflection Setpoint"

"Amplitude Setpoint"

"Drive Amplitude"

I've selected Deflection setpoint which gives me a value of 0.0414V, roughly the value I was using during the scans.

However I'm sure I changed the sepoint between the three images I'm looking at, and all three show the same deflection setpoint.

Is this because I'm not using the "Force Setpoint" value, or are they essentially the same.

Thanks for your help,

Ash

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Hi Ash,

I think you must have an old version of Nanoscope Analysis.  The header has a separate entry for Force setpoint that is different from the Deflection setpoint.

Please check out this thread for information on how to download the latest version: http://nanoscaleworld.bruker-axs.com/nanoscaleworld/forums/t/1061.aspx

--Bede

Top 50 Contributor
21 Posts
Points 247

indeed I was using an older version of nanoscope analysis, the new version allows me to get the values I'm after.

Thanks for your help, it's great to have such a wealth of information and support on this forum.

Ash

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments