Nanoscope IIIa problem

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 48
Matheus posted on Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:42 AM

Hello guys,

I'm having problems with a Multimode SPM Nanoscope IIIa and I need help to solve them.
I have two computers to manage the system and both are having problems (different problems):

• Computer 1: Communication error

- Specs: Pentium 4 with an ISA DSP board and Windows XP/Nanoscope V5.31r3

- The problem: After a problem with the power supply of the computer the Nanoscope sotware started to show the message "Error: Extender - Not Responding" when i click to engage. The computer can not communicate with the controller, it does not respond to any commands. I realized the "Extender Test" to check if the problem could be with the Extender, but the test results indicated that he is okay.

- The questions: How can i solve this problem ? How can i test de DSP board ?

I could not solve this problem, so I went back to my old computer (very old). But recently that computer also had problems:

• Computer 2: Boot error

- Specs: 486 DX2, with an ISA DSP board and DOS/Nanoscope v4.1

- The problem: The RTC (Real time Clock - CMOS) has crashed and the bios have erased all your configuration. After i fixed the RTC appear this errors: "Eisa configuration Invalid" "No boot disk valid"

I run the bios setup, but have many few options to change.

- The question: What can i do ?

Anyway, now the machine is stopped because of these problems.
Can anyone help me?

Thank's ,

Matheus.

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 12:21 PM

Hi Matheus,

It sounds like you are having issues with very old PCs.

I suggest contacting AFMsupport@bruker-nano.com.

• | Post Points: 10
replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:33 AM

Below is the answer from Pat in Tech support:

In order for the computer to recognize the hard disk, you will need to configure the BIOS to recognize it. You can count the number of cylinders, heads and sectors from the label on the hard disk. And enter them. After that, the computer will once again recognize the hard disk. If your hard disk is physically larger than 1.07 GB then you’ll need to enter the configuration for 1.07Gig. That’s all the BIOS can handle. See the attachment labeled Hard Disk Parameters If the hard disk is partitioned correctly and has the Nanoscope software still installed you may be OK from there. You might have to run the EISA configuration utility in order to recognize the display hardware. The files for creating a configuration disk are at the link below. Also, you may have to re-partition the hard disk, re-format it, re-install DOS. This procedure is documented in another attachment

ftp://sboftp.bruker-nano.com/outgoing/GPTech/Pat/Matheus/

I also uploaded some supporting files to my nanoscaleworld media folder.

xpress_Compaq.pdf

Partition42.pdf

Hard Disk Parameters.doc

Stefan

Top 500 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 48

Hi,

Case 1:

The support of Bruker said this to me:

We have a bad controller . DSP works as we have a line in scope window& as it doesn’t move A/D convertor boards have failed inside the controller. Unfortunately we don’t have parts to repair controllers (other than NS5 ).

If the problem is in the circuit A/D controller... Can I replace the components (integrated circuits..) on the A/D board
Some of the components are not identified, can you tell me the identification of these components?

Case 2:

I setted the correct values ​​in the BIOS, but still appears the error "No boot disk". I tested the hd in another computer and it worked perfectly.

replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 11:47 AM

Hi Matheus,

Electronic components become obsolete and there is often no plug-in replacement. That may be why you got the answer that your board which was used in controllers from 1997 on is not repairable. There is however a replacement board available to replace the old DSP. I can send you the official obsolescence notice that went out in 2011 if you supply me with your email. This clearly outlines your upgrade options to current NSV systems.

Stefan

Top 500 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 48

Hi ,

How can I do to run the ECU?
I put those files on a floppy disk and tried to run the ECU, but it's an error saying:

"The EISA config. utility is being executed in virtual 86 mode. Reboot and remove the installed memory manager before  executing this utility again."

What can i do ?

Thank's,

Matheus.

replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:46 PM

Hi Matheus,

I really think that for troubleshooting your 486 PC it is best to write to: afmsupport@bruker-nano.com and see what they can do if you havent done so already.

Stefan

replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 6:38 PM

Hi Matheus,

I see that customer support in Santa Barbara is in ongoing contact with you for the last few days. Do you have any update?

Stefan  

Top 500 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 48
Matheus replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:42 AM

Hi Stefan,

The Bruker of Brazil stayed to send me a proposal to upgrade the system, but not have sent until now. I'm still waiting.

And I had requested a file for Pat to try to recover my old computer, but he did not respond to my request. I need the file "! CPQ3011.CFG"

replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 12:07 PM

Hi Matheus,

In case Pat's message did not go though I copy it below. Again, this is to get your 10+ year old PC going.  Let's hope it works. I will also contact our Brazilian rep to check on your upgrade case.

Stefan

Hi Matheus

I’ve looked everywhere around here and can’t find that file.  I did a little searching on the web for you and came up with this

http://www.mypcdrivers.com/results/driver_file_detail.php?inf_file_id=227271&scanid=297BCA98A44B4947BE9920E6C27E430D&item_id=93806399&hardware_id=PCI%255CVEN_5333%2526DEV_8901

I hope it works because I have nothing to test it on

Pat

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments