The Nanoscale World

Why Ramp mode should be used for Deflection Sensitivity calibration, not the “Update Sens” button in PeakForce QNM mode? Otherwise, why this button is shown?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
143 Posts
Points 3,545
Bruker Employee
BrukerApplications posted on Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:50 PM

Why Ramp mode should be used for Deflection Sensitivity calibration, not the “Update Sens” button in PeakForce QNM mode? Otherwise, why this button is shown?

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
143 Posts
Points 3,545
Bruker Employee

Both Ramp mode and “Update Sens” button can be used to measure the Deflection Sensitivity. But we found that Ramp mode result is more consistent. Therefore we recommend user to use the Ramp mode to measure Deflection Sensitivity.

• | Post Points: 12
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12
yiru replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 8:41 PM

Hello,

I failed to conduct the thermal tune to get the spring contact value. Because every time the software asked me to "update the deflection sensitivity" first. However, the "update deflection sensitivity" button under the ramp mode was always grey. I tried to calculate the defection sensitivity by myself but I don't know where to type it in. Moreover, I have obtained a reference force-deflection curve on a silicon wafer, and according to the manual, I need to place the two cursors to desired positions, however, I failed to make the two cursors show up. I want to know is this because the software is too old or some other reasons? 

Thanks very very much for anyone that could help me. 

• | Post Points: 12
Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee
Suggested by Bede Pittenger

Please take a look at the manual (press the F1 key or click on the blue question mark icon).  The Nanoscope Analysis manual has a particularly good description of how to work with plots and cursors in the Line Plot & Multiple Line Plot section.

To do the deflection sensitivity calibration, you must first specify the region of the curve for the fit using the cursors.  The cursors can be dragged from either the left or right side of the plot (when you hover over that area, you will see the cursor change to a double arrow).

--Bede

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments