Fastscan liquid measurement at 40°C

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 10
Sattelkow posted on Fri, Jul 25 2014 2:57 AM

Dear Nano-scientists,

I have a difficult experimental setup and experience some difficulties.

The Setup:

-My substrate is a soft celluloses based material embedded in epoxy resin which was cut with a diamond knife to yield a flat surface.

-I measure in a liquid buffer solution and heat it with the lakeshore 335 to 40,0xx°C (the last two digests jump a little bit up and down).

-I use the Bio Fastscan Microscope from Bruker in Fastscan Tapping Mode with a FastScanD Probe (the Laser is set to small low thermal energy as recommended). I want to use the FastScan option to measure enzymatic activity on the surface.

Now I have problems with the engage procedure. When I’m engaging I often get the error that the z-sensor was above max. crash and that crash protection was enabled. However, there is no possibility that I touch the surface as a double checked and other probes work without Problems. Furthermore the error seems to appear just occasionally.

In addition once I am engaged, I have problems getting a good image of the surface which might be associated with this issue.

Now I want to ask you, if you could help me. Are there parameters which I can change to get a save engage? And if I am engaged what setting should I use?

Thanks for your help!

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments