Liquid cell O rings compatibility

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 26
Nikos posted on Wed, Jun 2 2010 11:51 AM

Hi,

I'm using the veeco liquid cell to perform AFM experiments in very different solvents, such as ethanol, aceton, heptane, chloroform, tetrahydrofuran, etc.I was informed that veeco provides three different types of O rings: silicone, fluorosilicone and viton ones.

I assume that these O rings contain agents, e.g. couloring agents and/or stabilizers that could leach out in some solvents and contaminate my system. Is there any data sheet about these rings to inform me which would best be used in which solvents?

Could I also have a quote for these O rings?

Thanks

Nikos

• | Post Points: 14

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 25 Contributor
42 Posts
Points 485
Bruker Employee
Verified by Nikos

Hi Nikos,

You can find these three types of o-rings on our web store Veecoprobes.com, and here are the direct links to each o-ring type:

FCO-10, Silicone O-Rings
FSFCO-10, Fluorosilicone O-Rings
VTFCO-10, Viton O-Rings

I'll have to defer to our other apps experts regarding your contamination question, but send me an email (ddurham@veeco.com) with your contact information and I can help get you a formal quote for what you need.

Thanks,

Dave

• | Post Points: 11
Top 25 Contributor
55 Posts
Points 831
Bruker Employee
Verified by Nikos

Hi Nikos,

Please consult  the chemical compatibility list  at http://www.veeco.com/nanoscaleworld/media/p/580.aspx. The data are collected from different sources, the O-rings are tested only on a limited number of solvents at Veeco.

Chunzeng

• | Post Points: 11
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments