The Nanoscale World

thermoplastic elastomer phase imaging in Dimension V

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 22
Raj posted on Sun, Jun 6 2010 2:30 AM

I have been using DI 3100 with nanoscope controller III for TPE phase imaging. Recently, I have started using Dimension V with Nanoscope V. I am having problem in getting phase image contrast in TPE system with Dimension V. I am using TESP with 10% offset frequency and setpoint ratio of .2-.5. The taget amplitude in DI V is 500 mV whereas in DI 3100 it is 2V. I m wondering if this difference leads to low force in DI V.

Is it ok to use high target amplitude in DI V and if yes whats the range?

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Answered (Verified) replied on Mon, Jun 7 2010 4:54 PM
Verified by Stephen Minne

Ray, 533 mVrms on an NSV corresponds to 2Vrms on the NSIII. You can of course change the traget amplitude to your liking. I would, however, suggest trying to use an FESP tip instead of the TESP if phase contrast on your polymer is your main concern.

All Replies

Answered (Verified) replied on Mon, Jun 7 2010 4:54 PM
Verified by Stephen Minne

Ray, 533 mVrms on an NSV corresponds to 2Vrms on the NSIII. You can of course change the traget amplitude to your liking. I would, however, suggest trying to use an FESP tip instead of the TESP if phase contrast on your polymer is your main concern.

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 22
Raj replied on Fri, Jun 11 2010 4:43 PM

Thanks Stefan for your suggestions. I tried using 600-700 mV rms depending on the sample. It worked fine uisng TESP.

Thanks  

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments