rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 288
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee
Stephen Minne Posted: Mon, Aug 23 2010 7:27 PM

NanoScale World Community,

I wanted to personally write a post to bring to your attention a recent announcement by Veeco and Bruker. (Bruker Announces Agreement to bw 2494835417.html?x=0&.v=1) In this announcement the two companies state that they have jointly reached an agreement where Bruker would acquire Veeco's Metrology and Instrument Business Unit (which includes the AFM and Probes businesses). 

First and foremost, I want everyone to know that our products, service, support, and technology development will continue on seamlessly and uninterrupted throughout the acquisition and transition.

Second, and on behalf of the entire AFM team, we are excited for this acquisition since it brings together Bruker's leading technologies in the areas of chemical identification, material characterization and life science, and our leading technologies in AFM imaging and nanoscale measurements. We believe we can serve existing and new, customers and collaborators, better with this more comprehensive technology and product portfolio.

I also think it’s important to know that Bruker is equally excited about the merger. Frank H. Laukien, Bruker President and CEO, commented: "Veeco’s SPM and OIM systems fit perfectly into Bruker’s high-performance scientific instruments strategy, and are highly complementary to our existing product portfolio.” He also added: “Most importantly, we are looking forward to welcoming the customers of the present Veeco SPM and OIM products to Bruker. We are very committed to providing the highest level of applications support and technical service, as well as continued applications and product development to this customer base."

Thanks again for being a valued customer, and I can assure you that our commitment to your success has not been changed, but rather enhanced, by the new relationship and technology synergy with Bruker. Please feel free to contact me, or any of the Veeco team, if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
Steve

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments