The Nanoscale World

How to adjust force curve and distract height information from force curve

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12

Hi, I have a MultiMode V AFM. The model is 920-006-101.

My problems are listing as below:

1. I made some force curves through "point and shoot" from the nickel sample. But it looks like the flat part of these curves are not in the same surface. We don't know why and because we need then accurate peak information, it looks

like a serious interference. would you please show us how to avoid these situations? Can Y Axis Auto-Zero resolve the problems? Sometimes, when I turn on he Y Axis Auto-Zero, there are only flat lines showing up on the screen which are not locating on zero line. Why?

2. Still questions on force curve. Sometimes,"find peaks" function detect two peaks with one of them in the flat area. It is supposed that there should not be any peaks in the flat area. Would you please explain this to us?

3. How to get the point's height when doing the force curve. I just find that maybe we could get the height information from the force curve. When the tip is approaching the surface, at one point, the adherent force will attract the tip down to the surface. When tip continue to move down until it doesn't bend itself. the distance between the tip and sample should almost be the height of the point. Am I right? If yes, how to distract the height

information accurately from the graph?

I also try the force volume. Although I can locates the points in FV image and height image at the same time. I still don't know how to distract the height information.

Thank you

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

replied on Mon, Sep 20 2010 2:05 PM

Hi,

It appears the image is on your local hardrive and therefore invisible to everybody. If you don't mind please attach it to an email to me.

Stefan (skaemmer@veeco.com)

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments