Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 32
lihongzhou posted on Mon, Feb 20 2012 6:14 PM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US ZH-CN X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi

Normal 0 false false false EN-US ZH-CN X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Yesterday when I used AFM instruments (Dimension 300) in our lab, I found the objective microscope did not focus on the tip, so I located the tip and made objective focus on tip.

However after I finished focus on the tip, engaged to sample I found the distance of engage and retract is become very short and the objective  can not focus on the surface of sample.

Usually when the tip was engaged, the distance of engaging is more longer than now.

Now if I want to scan sample, I have to make the tip very close to sample surface and then engage.

How to adjust the engage distance? How to make the objective focus on sample surface?

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
60 Posts
Points 651

lihongzhou:
How to adjust the engage distance? How to make the objective focus on sample surface?

Look in the TOOLS-ENGAGE SETTINGS-GENERAL. The first value should be 1000 um, and is probably much less (~200...). Change it back to 1000 um. Everything should be ok again. I don't know why it happens but I have seen it often.

Joop

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
60 Posts
Points 651

lihongzhou:

Look in the TOOLS-ENGAGE SETTINGS-GENERAL. The first value should be 1000 um, and is probably much less (~200...). Change it back to 1000 um. Everything should be ok again. I don't know why it happens but I have seen it often.

Joop

• | Post Points: 13
Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 32

Thanks your answer, it is ok now.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments