The Nanoscale World

elastic properties using AFM??????

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
23 Posts
Points 268
Sandeep Singh posted on Wed, Feb 29 2012 8:24 PM

how elastic properties can be measured using AFM technique? can anyone provide some reference paper/literature ?

• | Post Points: 14

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
29 Posts
Points 319
Suggested by Bede Pittenger

Hi Sandeep, you can do this by Nanoindentation...this is available on all instruments. For literature, I would recommend you look at the section in chapter 3 of my book: 

Atomic Force Microscopy by Peter Eaton and Paul West, OUP (2010), ISBN:978-0-19-957045-4. There are also some examples of nanoindentation use to get elastic properties in chapter 7.

You can also find lots of other literature on this. If you have a modern bruker instrument, you could also look into QNM modes, which should be simpler and quicker to apply.

Pete.

• | Post Points: 12
Answered (Not Verified) replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 3:27 PM

Hi Sandeep,

Please check out the paper titled “The use of the PeakForce quantitative nanomechanical mapping AFM-based method for high-resolution Young’s modulus measurement of polymers,” published by a group of scientists mostly out of NPL in the UK. (NPL is the UK standards organization). Young et at, Meas. Sci Technol 22 (2011).

Stefan

• | Post Points: 12
Top 50 Contributor
23 Posts
Points 268

hello peter sir

Thanks a lot I will go trough your book.

• | Post Points: 10
Top 50 Contributor
23 Posts
Points 268

thanks stefan sir for the reference paper........

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments