The Nanoscale World

Is it possible to modify the parameters in Auto adjustment procedure (ICON AFM, PeakForce QNM method)?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 24
Ukraintseve posted on Thu, Apr 12 2012 11:41 AM

In my experience, the auto adjustment of the gain and force in PeakForce QNM method does not work properly. The machine often set up gain ~200 and force 100 times higher than necessary, always damaging the tip. How I can avoid this effect? (I study really soft material on hard substrate) Usually this happens when the tip hit something on the surface.

Is it possible to modify (reduce possible form ~200 to 15 for example) the parameters in Auto adjustment procedure (ICON AFM, PeakForce QNM method)?

Thanks

Egor Ukraintsev, ukraints@fzu.cz

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Answered (Not Verified) replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 5:45 PM

Hi Egor,

You can easily  turn the automatic adjustments off and the select which ones you want to adjust manually. Just click on ScanAsyst Auto Control and change it from 'On" to "Individual". Then select the controls you want to change manually.

Best,

Stefan

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 24

Hello Stefan.

Thank you for the answer. I know, that I can work in manual adjustment mode and I usually work in this mode. Unfortunately, I formulated the question not enough clear. The question was, is it possible to modify low and high limits for parameters (force, gain) in autoadjustment mode? So Is it possible to change the range for all parameters in autoadjustment mode?

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee
Suggested by Bede Pittenger

I'm afraid that there is currently no way to set limits as you suggest. 

That is a good idea.  I will ask software if we can do this!

--Bede

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments