The Nanoscale World

What is CITS mode and how we can use it?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 76
Din posted on Tue, May 29 2012 12:16 PM

Hello,

We have a Nanoscope V multimode SPM (software:nanoscope 8.10).  Since we do not have a multimode STM scan head, for scanning tunneling microscopy/spectroscopy studies we use a separate STM base and a scanner head and connect it to the controller box that operates the multimode SPM. 

Recently I read about the CITS mode (current imaging tunneling spectroscopy) and I would like to know whether it is possible to use the CITS mode for our system?

Thank you!

-Din

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
12 Posts
Points 139
Peter replied on Wed, May 30 2012 3:49 AM

Current-imaging-tunneling spectroscopy (CITS) is an STS technique where an I-V curve is recorded at each pixel in the STM topograph.

This option is only present in older versions of the Nanoscope software. For example: 4.23r6

In version 8.x of the Nanoscope software you can acquire STS curves in pre-determined positions, which can be used as a "quasi - CITS" mode. You need a lot of post processing though and a very stable sample.

• | Post Points: 12
Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 76
Din replied on Wed, May 30 2012 9:19 AM

Thank you for the reply... would it be possible for you to elaborate "quasi-CIST" method with version 8.x a little bit more?  is there any reading material on this?

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments