The Nanoscale World

How to use Point and Shoot Method to Calculate Modulus in Live Cells using the Catalyst

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 31 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
5 Posts
Points 60
warren.truong posted on Thu, Jun 7 2012 1:13 AM

Hi,

I am using the Bruker Catalyst AFM.

I'm trying to measure cell elasticity using the indentation method using point and shoot.

How do I analyse the curves I get from each indentation point using Nanoscope Analysis v 1.40?

I want to obtain the exact numbers; i.e. I want to get the deformation/reduced Youngs modulus values at those indentation points.

Regards, Warren and Iman from UNSW.

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
72 Posts
Points 817

Hi, Bede,

1. I use version 1.40, Build R3Sr4
2. I did both as I saw that something was going wrong there.
3. I think this is what I did, yes.

When you say you failed to repeat my results, do you mean everything worked like expected or did you face the same problems? I tried it again another other day and suddenly everything worked again, for whatever reason.

However, I started to use Point & Shoot now to extract my force-distance curves and I find it much more useful, so I will go on using this option from now on. Thanks nevertheless for your help!

Best regards, Dietmar

• | Post Points: 12
Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Hi Dietmar,

I was not able to find a case where the filenames did not match the curve numbers displayed in the view prior to export.  If you figure out what the conditions were that caused your issue, please let me know and I'll get the issue fixed!

I'm glad to hear that Point & Shoot force curves are working for you.

Sincerely,

--Bede

• | Post Points: 10
Page 3 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments