The Nanoscale World

NanoScope Analysis v1.40 Workspace

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 46

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with NanoScope Analysis (v1.40) Workspace on my offline computer with 24" screen - all the information and settings windows are displayed below the image, regardless of the function selected or what I (try to) do with the windows splitting/resizing etc. Even though there is more than enough space right of the image. Is there a possibility to adjust it?

I am attaching a typical printscreen...

Thanks,

Ota

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee
Verified by Otas

I am able to reproduce the problem, but the only workaround I can find is to change the screen resolution to a different value.  Apparently the behavior of the layout depends on screen resolution.

I will report this and see about getting it fixed for the next version.  Thanks for reporting the problem.

--Bede

• | Post Points: 15

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
129 Posts
Points 1,429
Ang Li replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 9:23 AM

you may try the 'span panes' icon.

Ang Li 

Top 500 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 46
Otas replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 9:35 AM

One of the first things I tried. Doesn't work :(  I also tried to resize the whole window from the bottom (heard it might help) - without success...

It's pretty annoying - I have on the 24" a smaller image for viewing (and also exporting in 3D) than in my laptop.

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Can you tell us the resolution of the 24" monitor?  You should be able to find this by rightclicking on the desktop and choosing "screen resolution".

Once we have that information, we should be able to repeat your problem and see if we can find a workaround until we can fix it...

--Bede

Top 500 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 46
Otas replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:29 PM

It's on max, i.e. 1920 x 1200.

Ota

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee
Verified by Otas

I am able to reproduce the problem, but the only workaround I can find is to change the screen resolution to a different value.  Apparently the behavior of the layout depends on screen resolution.

I will report this and see about getting it fixed for the next version.  Thanks for reporting the problem.

--Bede

• | Post Points: 15
Top 500 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 46
Otas replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:52 PM

Thanks for quick reaction! I'll try tomorrow myself. I guess I won't be willing to lower the resolution for good, but might come handy occasionally.

Looking forward to the fix - and all the other stuff you guys come up with!

Cheers,

Ota

• | Post Points: 10
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 10

It is April 2016 and I have NanoScope_Analysis_x64_v170r1sr2 and the problem is still not solved.

I have a 1920x1200 pixel 24 inch display.

Images are still tiny and difficult to work with, especially with the very nice "Step" feature.

It would be extremely useful if we users could size working images as needed for the tasks at hand.

Jim

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments