The Nanoscale World

Nanoscope Analysis Software - Slow data saving?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
5 Posts
Points 60
Jerome S. Jourdan posted on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:15 AM

I'm running Ver 1.40 and find that when I try to Export an image to JPG or 'Save' data the program takes a  long time to save the data (almost a minute).  Is this normal?  I've had to resort to using Print-Screen and pasting into Photoshop to save results. 

Any thoughts?

Jerry

• | Post Points: 14

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
75 Posts
Points 3,652
Verified by Ben Ohler

Jerry,

Please be sure you are using the latest NanoScope Analysis version (see here). I think I remember an export bug being fixed back a version or two ago.

Also be sure to check the new Export feature under the Analysis menu. I'm assuming here that you are using the old right-click export functionality. The new Export feature offers a lot more control over the export appearance and pixel resolution. I highly recommend it.

With typical 512x512 pixel images either export method should take just a second or two. Much high pixel density images will take a bit longer.

-Ben

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
129 Posts
Points 1,429
Ang Li replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:14 AM

Hi, to my experience, ~10 sec is normal for exporting image data, though it may depend on the computer configuration.

Ang Li

• | Post Points: 10
Top 10 Contributor
75 Posts
Points 3,652
Verified by Ben Ohler

Jerry,

Please be sure you are using the latest NanoScope Analysis version (see here). I think I remember an export bug being fixed back a version or two ago.

Also be sure to check the new Export feature under the Analysis menu. I'm assuming here that you are using the old right-click export functionality. The new Export feature offers a lot more control over the export appearance and pixel resolution. I highly recommend it.

With typical 512x512 pixel images either export method should take just a second or two. Much high pixel density images will take a bit longer.

-Ben

• | Post Points: 13
Top 200 Contributor
5 Posts
Points 60

Thanks, Ben.  The Upgrade works a treat. I'd been trying to use the right-mouse click Export function and having to wait long periods for the data to be saved.  I was not aware of the Export feature under \Analysis, and saving now only takes  1sec.  Plus, the exported image is much more pleasing.

You rock!

Jerry

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments