Film thickness?????

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
23 Posts
Points 268
Sandeep Singh posted on Thu, Mar 14 2013 5:33 AM

hello

I am trying to measure to measure thickness of thin film (rf sputtered) but not able to get good image with step. Half of the substrate was masked during deposition and a clear difference of deposited film and substrate can be seen through CCD. Please suggest me the way I can measure the thickness through AFM.

Is there any special procedure for measuring the step height of thin films of the order of 50-100 nm thickness?

Regards 

Sandeep

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
58 Posts
Points 652

Hello Sandeep,

I have measured a film with the step height ~ 300nm in tapping mode.  During the image process, i used ´flatten order=0´ to process the step image. Normally,  there is the ´Step analysis´ function in Nanoscope Analysis software. I think you can try to search the key word ´Step´ in the help manual of your software.

Regards,

Soling

Top 50 Contributor
23 Posts
Points 268

hi Soling

I will try it again.

can u plz send the image captured by you for thickness measurement.

my mail id is sandeepsthakur1@yahoo.co.in

Regards

Sandeep

Top 25 Contributor
58 Posts
Points 652

Hello Sandeep, I don´t find the old data. But here I show you how the use step measurement with an example height image.

1. select an area in your height image (in the dashed box). Then the average height data is present in the  window on the right.  Put 2 pairs of cursors (red and blue) on the same level and press ´level´ at the bottom of this window.

2. Move one pair of the cursors to the high feature. Now one pair of cursors are on the low level and another on the high level. Press ´measure´ button on the buttom.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments