The Nanoscale World

No PeakForce TUNA module in Dimension 3100?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
58 Posts
Points 652
stsolong posted on Wed, Mar 20 2013 4:21 PM

Dear friends,

I am convinced of the big advantages of PeakForce TUNA in conductivity mapping. Unfortunately, I use Dimension 3100 with Nanoscope controller 4. I have checked the manual of Nanoscope controller 4 and it says it is only equipped with TUNA, which means the traditional contact mode based TUNA, right ?

Is it possible to a measurement with the  PeakForce TUNA technique on Dimension 3100?

Thanks a lot!

Solong

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Answered (Verified) replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 12:07 PM
Verified by stsolong

Hi Solong,

PeakForce Tapping and related modes based on it, like PeakForce QNM, PeakForce TUNA, PeakForce Kelvin, require the Nanoscope 5 controller. These modes are quite demanding on the processing power of the controller and although the NS4 is a great controller and so is the D3100 it doesnt have the processing power required for PeakForce Tapping. Did you contact your local sales person about a potential upgrade?

Best regards,

Stefan

All Replies

Answered (Verified) replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 12:07 PM
Verified by stsolong

Hi Solong,

PeakForce Tapping and related modes based on it, like PeakForce QNM, PeakForce TUNA, PeakForce Kelvin, require the Nanoscope 5 controller. These modes are quite demanding on the processing power of the controller and although the NS4 is a great controller and so is the D3100 it doesnt have the processing power required for PeakForce Tapping. Did you contact your local sales person about a potential upgrade?

Best regards,

Stefan

Top 25 Contributor
58 Posts
Points 652

Thank you very much Stefan!

I know what to do now.

Best,

Solong

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS