The Nanoscale World

Problem Regarding SPM software

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 82
Bilal Waseem posted on Wed, Apr 3 2013 1:54 PM

We are using Digital Instruments CP-II model of SPM by Veeco. Its software is giving initialization failure and displaying Callibration values missing error. If someone is using the same model, then please guide me

• | Post Points: 14

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Answered (Verified) replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 5:15 PM
Verified by Bilal Waseem

Hi Bilal,

Please contact Bruker Technical Support for help: AFMSupport@bruker-nano.com

With kind regards,

Stefan

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Answered (Verified) replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 5:15 PM
Verified by Bilal Waseem

Hi Bilal,

Please contact Bruker Technical Support for help: AFMSupport@bruker-nano.com

With kind regards,

Stefan

Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 82

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the suggestion. Will they guide me if we are not using the instrument of their own company?

• | Post Points: 14
Top 25 Contributor
58 Posts
Points 652

Hi Bilal,

I think Veeco has been purchased by Bruker many years ago.

Best,

Solong

• | Post Points: 10
replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:17 AM

Hi Bilal,

The Nano Surfaces Division (AFM, optical profilers, stylus profilers) was purchased by Bruker from Veeco. Even though the CP is an older system our customer service engineers are quite familiar with it and will do their best to help you.

With kind regards,

Stefan

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 36
Bruker Employee

Bilal,

If you are seeing initialization error messages when you launch the Proscan software, it is usually caused by a hardware failure on one of the boards inside the AEM controller. Unfortunately we cannot service the AEM controller anymore because the parts are no longer in our inventory, but you can check the cable connections between certain boards inside the AEM which are involved in the initialization process. Occasionally the communication path between the DSP board and the Data Acquisition board can come loose and this causes the initialization to fail. It's also a good idea to check the SCSI communication cable between the AEM and the computer to make sure it is secure at both connectors. 

Error messages related to missing calibration values are generally caused by the selection of an uncalibrated scanner file in the Configure Parts menu.

If you want to discuss these issues with us in a bit more detail, you can write to the email address that Stefan mentioned in his earlier reply (AFMSupport@bruker-nano.com). 

Alan Ponder, Bruker Nano AFM Tech Support

• | Post Points: 13
Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 82

Hi Alan, 

I am really grateful for a kind response. I would discuss in detail because we have checked all the connections but still cant locate the fault

Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 82

Hi Stefan,

I did not know this. I am in contact with the customer service of your company. So nice of you

Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 82

Dear Alan,

I can not find any link for the technical support on Bruker website. Please guide me

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 36
Bruker Employee

Bilal,

You can email us at AFMSupport@bruker-nano.com. You can call us at 800-873-9750.

Alan Ponder, Bruker AFM Tech Support

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments