The Nanoscale World

How to do Creep experiment with the Nanoscope 8.15 script?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 4 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
35 Posts
Points 405
BenSD posted on Tue, Jun 4 2013 12:37 PM

Hello,

I would like to do a creep experiment with the script module of the Nanoscope 8.15. I figures out how to do a stress relaxation experiment using Z scan in the ramp channel. I think I need to use setpoint in the ramp channel to keep the force constante, however I don't understand how it works. I tried to change the value in "Delta" but the curves I am getting don't make sense...

Does anybody could tell me how it works?

Thanks,

Benoit.

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
129 Posts
Points 1,429
Verified by BenSD

Hi, Can you try negative 'delta' for setpoint feedback? Besides, if your creep test is less than 32 seconds, you can use HSDC to capture the force curves, easier to set surface delay in force ramp mode.

Ang Li

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
129 Posts
Points 1,429
Verified by BenSD

Hi, Can you try negative 'delta' for setpoint feedback? Besides, if your creep test is less than 32 seconds, you can use HSDC to capture the force curves, easier to set surface delay in force ramp mode.

Ang Li

• | Post Points: 13
Top 25 Contributor
35 Posts
Points 405
BenSD replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 12:00 PM

Thank you for your reply!

Yes I tried that and it is working, I think I found the trick in one of your previous post...

Regards,

Benoit.

Top 150 Contributor
8 Posts
Points 94
nhung replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:42 PM

Hi, 

I also need to use Nanoscope 8.15 with Dimension Icon to perform force control experiment. I have tried using script mode with ramp set point, however, was not very successful. Here is what I want to do: ramp the force to a certain value, then keep Z constant for a certain time (for relaxation), then bring the probe back to the original position. 

Could you please describe in details how did you do it? (if you have a picture of the script you use, and a typical result that you got, that would be great).

Thank you and hope to hear from you. 

Regards

Nhung

Top 10 Contributor
129 Posts
Points 1,429
Ang Li replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 6:56 PM

Can you send me your contact information and I will send you a brief instruction. My email is Ang.li@bruker-nano.com. 

Ang Li

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments