The Nanoscale World

KPFM in DI AFM with NAnoscope controller V: nullifying voltage is applied to tip or to sample?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 22
pomme posted on Thu, Jan 23 2014 8:54 AM

Hi.

I'm working over KPFM with DI AFM with Nanoscope V controller. I have a very basic question: the nullifying voltage, such that the oscillation amplitude of tip becomes zero, and that is recorded by the NanoScope Controller to construct a voltage map of the surface, is applied to tip or to sample in my system?

By reading the manual(s) it seems to me that in the DI AFM it is applied only to the tip. But in KPFM literature the nullifying voltage you find that the nullifying voltage may be applied to both, tip or sample. and in the Edge microscope I know that people can select between the two otpions.

So what about DI AFM? Am I missing where to select this option in the interleave control panel? I have posted a screenshot of it, in such a way maybe someone knowleadgeable of the issue may indicate to me how to proceed. Unfortunately it seems it cannot be viewed from this site, but you can download it at http://nanoscaleworld.bruker-axs.com/nanoscaleworld/members/pomme/files/interleave-control-panel.tif.aspx.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments