The Nanoscale World

End of support for Windows XP

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 22
Adam Stieg posted on Tue, Apr 8 2014 11:08 AM

As Microsoft has decided to end future support for the Windows XP operating system, I would like to know if there is a version of the Nanoscope (v7.x) and/or NanoDrive (v8.x) software that is compatible with a newer version of Windows. Simply disconnecting the systems from the internet is an option for security, however that path is not necessarily desirable from a usability standpoint. Any information is greatly appreciated. 

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 25 Contributor
59 Posts
Points 712
Bruker Employee

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your question.

Yes we have Windows 7 upgrade options for both NanoScope and NanoDrive controller based AFM systems.

Full information is available from your local Bruker Nano Sales Representative who will contact you about this.

Regards,

Thomas

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
59 Posts
Points 712
Bruker Employee

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your question.

Yes we have Windows 7 upgrade options for both NanoScope and NanoDrive controller based AFM systems.

Full information is available from your local Bruker Nano Sales Representative who will contact you about this.

Regards,

Thomas

• | Post Points: 13
Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 32
Tobias replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 1:36 AM

As far as I know at the moment, Nanodrive 8.03 based systems aren't any compatible with Windows 7.

To be able to run run Windows 7, we would need to purchase a Hardware Upgrade for the Controller. (We got an Dimension Edge AFM) At least, that's what Bruker Germany Support told me when I was asking for it. Can you confirm this?

To be honest, as we got this AFM for barely half of an year, that actually isn't an exemplary well Software-Support IMO (Especially as the EOL of an 12.5 years old OS isn't that surprising...).

• | Post Points: 12
Top 200 Contributor
5 Posts
Points 55

Agreed. We did full NanoIII to NanoV and MM upgrades in mid 2012, and now would need to spend 5 figures to upgrade to Win7. In contrast, we have upgraded our Agilents to Win7 ourselves, no problem.

Tobias:

As far as I know at the moment, Nanodrive 8.03 based systems aren't any compatible with Windows 7.

To be able to run run Windows 7, we would need to purchase a Hardware Upgrade for the Controller. (We got an Dimension Edge AFM) At least, that's what Bruker Germany Support told me when I was asking for it. Can you confirm this?

To be honest, as we got this AFM for barely half of an year, that actually isn't an exemplary well Software-Support IMO (Especiallyinas the EOL of an 12.5 years old OS isn't that surprising...).

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments