Conductive -AFM issue

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12
Annie777 posted on Wed, Feb 4 2015 12:05 PM

Hi All, 

i was started to use bruker's multimode afm to do conductive afm, currently we had a problem getting current ( i-v curves)signals from CAFM. 

the CAFM tip is new, the sample also suitable for CAFM measurements. connections are also fine. 

i was guessing someone else did something to the parameters listed under Scan Mode,i listed all the parameters here. but i am not sure if this is the reason or not. 

trigger mode:absolute

trigger channel: C-AFM current

trig threshold: 1.000nA

trig direction: positive 

start mode:calibrate 

end mode: retracted 

Z step size: 0nm

auto start :enable 

ramp delay:0

reverse delay: 0 

auto offset: off

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 22

Hi all,

I have the same question of Annie. I have just started to use C-AFM on a dimension icon but I am not able to perform I-V curves. My ramp starts at the ramp begin value that I have chosen but it doesn't finish at the ramp end value that I have selected. It seems there is a current threshold limit that stops my ramp. Is the data scale maximum (24.58 nA) a current limit? Can someone help me?

Thanks,

Melania

PS. My parameters are the same listed by Annie but I use a auto start disabled.

• | Post Points: 12
Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts
Points 298
Bruker Employee

Hi Annie & Melania,

I notice that the triggering to current was switched on, in your parameter settings. If you want the voltage to go through the complete ramp raneg you defined, you should switch off triggering. With triggering ON, the voltage will only ramp until the current reaches the trigger currnet level defined in the parameter settings.

If th eissue persists, please send a full listing of the parameter settings.

Best regards,

Peter

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments