Peltier module Melcor

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 76
Seb P posted on Tue, Apr 28 2015 9:28 AM

Hello,

I will wish to make  AFM images at controlled temperature. I recovered a Peltier module and its controller but not the notice ...

This is the cell that sold Veeco there is a dozen years with some afm. I didn't know the characteristics of the probe and the peltier module (see pictures).

http://peralta.u-cergy.fr/images/Controler.jpg

http://peralta.u-cergy.fr/images/Peltiermodule.jpg

The controller is a MTCA 6040 Melcor.

Anyone know what type of device? If so, please explain to me how to properly configure the controller.

Thank you

Sébastien

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts
Points 298
Bruker Employee

Hi Sebastien,

The peltier cooling elemeent & temeprature controler you show in the pictures, looks quite different than the product which was offered at any time (by Veeco or Bruker).

we have used a few different elements & temeprature controllers over the years, but nothing which resembles what you show (as far as I am aware).

Can you tell me which AFM model this came with?

Regards,

Peter

Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 76
Seb P replied on Tue, May 5 2015 3:19 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Apparamrent, the Peltier module has been sold with a Dimension 3100 + Nanoscope IIIa, it has more than 10 years.

Without the manual for the controller, I will use the module with a regulated power supply but it is a shame to not use the controller.

Regards

Sébastien

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts
Points 298
Bruker Employee

Hi Sebastien,

We never had a heater/cooler module product solution for the D3100-NS3a. We had one for the later versions of the D3100 (with NS4, and closed loop scanner), and this heater/cooler was different than the one you showed in the pictures. I guess you might be able to find a manual from the manufacturer of the temperature controller with an internet searhc, or by contacting that company.

Regards,

Peter

Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 76
Seb P replied on Tue, May 5 2015 7:49 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I was told that this module was shipped with theAFM but it is probably a mistake. Unfortunately I have not managed to find the manual on internet and  Melcor manufacturer seems no longer to exist.

It is not too important, I will use the module directly with a regulated power supply and a thermocouple.

I tried my luck ...

Regards

Sébastien

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments