The Nanoscale World

Unfiltered vertical deflection signal for high-rate acquisition of Force vs Distance curves

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 44
Pasqualantonio Pingue posted on Wed, Jul 29 2015 7:07 AM

Hi! Smile

Could anybody tell me how it is possible acquiring at high rate (> 4 MHz) Force vs Distance curve to study the cantilever motion during the approach and jump-to-contact?

Is it this signal available in the e-box? May I sinchro this signal with the FvsD curve?

I have a Dimension Icon system with Nanoscope V controller.

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
37 Posts
Points 422
Bruker Employee

Hi P,

If you have a Nanoscope V you have a High Speed Data Acquisition (HSDC) capability. It is the icon on the top bar that looks like a "seismometer" - a stylus tracing on a paper roll. In this option you can choose various signals to sample at 512khz, 6Mhz and 50Mhz. You can synchronize to End of Line, End of Frame etc.. while scanning. During force curves these trigger at start and end. Try it out. There should be more info on the HTML help on your system, just search for the HSDC function.

Ian

• | Post Points: 12
Top 500 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 44

Thanks for your fat reply!

I will check the HSDC!

Best

P.

• | Post Points: 10
Top 500 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 44

I checked the HSDC and finding the proper parameters the system works perfectly! 

There is non explanation on the manual about the "edge" parameter but it seems the one that works fine on the force vs distance curve.

I have acquired beautiful spectra of the jump to contact, with all the cantilever interactions and resonances!

Thanks for the suggestion!

P.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments