Scanner does not move in X-Y direction during scan

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 150 Contributor
8 Posts
Points 68
Matthias posted on Mon, Aug 24 2015 10:24 AM

Hi there, 

I am experiencing some problems with my Veeco Caliber. When I try to scan, the scanner does not move in the x-y direction. It is engaging and after that it does not move anymore. I am not sure if it is moving in z direction, but at least it shows some height curves etc., so probably at least the tip is moving. 

When I test the scanner movement in the "Signal Tracing Dialog" the Z and Y movement is working fine (it moves and the elliptical curve is produced), for the X direction, the scanner is not moving but the elliptical curve is produced. I tested that with the Mag mounted and the Liquid scanner, both are not moving. 

Previously we had to exchange the laser diode of the Caliber, due to power loss. Could that play a role in the mystery?

Thank you already for any help.  

Regards,

Matthias 

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 150 Contributor
8 Posts
Points 68
Verified by Matthias

Hi Teddy, 

thank you for the answer. I already contacted the Bruker support, I thought maybe somebody else experienced such a problem before somehow. I will wait for the answer of the Tech team. 

Regards,

Matthias 

• | Post Points: 11

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
62 Posts
Points 660

Hi Matthias,

Can you leave an email address here? Then I can get you in touch with our Tech Support team to help you do the trouble shooting. Or, you can diretly email: support.bns.emea@bruker.com.

Thanks,

Teddy

• | Post Points: 12
Top 150 Contributor
8 Posts
Points 68
Verified by Matthias

Hi Teddy, 

thank you for the answer. I already contacted the Bruker support, I thought maybe somebody else experienced such a problem before somehow. I will wait for the answer of the Tech team. 

Regards,

Matthias 

• | Post Points: 11
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments