NanoScope Analysis @ Win7

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 25 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 56
Esa Puukilainen posted on Mon, Jul 5 2010 4:24 AM

Hi,

I got NanoScope Analysis software but I can't run it with my laptop which has Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. The installation went through without any error messages, but when I try to open the software a pop-up window "NanoScope Ananylis has stopped working" appears and the software doesn't open. I have tried to run it in compatibility mode for both Windows XP and Vista without any success.

Does anyone know how to run this NanoScope Analysis software with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit?

Regards,

Esa

• | Post Points: 19

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee
Verified by Stephen Minne

DS,

Thanks for the post. This thread linked to the instructions for V1.3, which has been taken down. I updated the post, and the link is also here: Nanoscope Analysis v140r1 Download Instructions.pdf

This PDF only contains instruictions on how to download the installer from the FTP. Access that direct by going to:

ftp://Release:Z3Analysis91@sboftp.bruker-nano.com.

Once the software is installed, hit the F1
key or click on the blue button with the question mark on the toolbar for the online manual. A
list of major new features is available under the “Help” menu – click on “What’s New…”

The FTP site will always have the current version.

Steve

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Hi Esa,

We have just found a bug in the installer for NanoScope Analysis 1.20r1sr2 that causes issues with Windows 7.  We should have a fix shortly.  

I will contact you when it is ready.

--Bede

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 24

I am also interested in this as I can not get the Nanoscope 7.3 software to work in windows 7.  I tried compatibility modes and administrative mode to fix it, but haven't had any luck.  However, version 5.3 works fine.  Thank you!

• | Post Points: 12
Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

The new version of NanoScope Analysis (v1.20r1sr3) which fixes the installer issue for Windows 7 is now available. 

Directions on how to download it are available here: Nanoscope Analysis v140r1 Download Instructions.pdf

Happy data processing!

--Bede

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 24

A very nice news, but I can't download the .pdf file, something is wrong with the link. Could you gently fix the problem or indicate me the procedure for the download?

I would have some suggestion of improvement:

1) The possibility to insert a scale bar within the picture.

2) A mac osx version of nanoscope analysis would be very appreciated!!! Up to now in all the world doesn't exist a mac osx software for the analysis and the correction of AFM images. 

Thank you so much for your continuos developing and for this social space!!!

All the best!

--Cervo

• | Post Points: 14
Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Hmm. It seemed to work for me. Feel free to try again, otherwise, I just sent you a note offline, for your to send me your email and I will get you a copy direct.

Steve

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 24

Ok, now is working! Yes

Thank you!

• | Post Points: 10
Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Thanks for your suggestions for new features.  I've noted them and we will consider them for future releases.

--Bede

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12

Hy Bede

I have the same problem with my win 7 (fatal errors...) and nanoscope 7.30. But I cant download the pdf. Can you help me?

Best regards,

Andreas

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Andreas,

I just checked and I was able to download the PDF, perhaps try again. If not, send me your email (sminne (at) veeco.com) and I will email it back to you.

Steve

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 34

Hi,

I also have some problems with the NanoScope Analysis software in Windows 7 (32 bit). In my case, NanoScope Analysis (v1.30r1) correctly installs and launches, but all texts (including labels, menus, menu items, etc.) appear white or garbage. A screenshot which depicts the problem can be viewed here:

http:///www.marco.coisson.name/file_sharing/NA_screenshot.png

Running the software in XP compatibility mode didn't help. Any suggestions on what I could try?
Thank you for your help,
Marco

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Marco,

Can you install v1.4? (Download from the same location). We have made changes to the installer from 1.3 and that may be the issue. That said, we also do most of our testing on Win7 64bit with NanoScope Analysis installed as a 32 bit application so we will be interested in your results on Win7 32bit.

If you still have a problem, with 1.4 also make sure:
-    a standard desktop theme is being used,
-    turn off any customized graphics card settings

Steve

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 34

Hi Stephen,

thank you for your quick reply. My first attempt with version 1.4 failed, as the problem remained. However, I uninstalled NanoScope Analysis and performed an update of Windows 7 (there was some recent update of the .Net framework available, which I missed to install), then reinstalled NanoScope Analysis 1.4, and now it works fine. :)

So I can say that the problem is solved: version 1.4 seems to work on a fully updated Windows 7 Pro 32 bit system.

Thank you for your help!

Marco

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Good to hear and thanks for letting us know Marco.

Steve

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 34
ds4945 replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 3:16 PM

Hi,

I've been trying to download the NanoScope Analysis software but none of the links seem to be working for me. I'm unable to open any of the pdfs (they just take me to a page that says I don't have access or the link is broken) and when I tried to install the Nano_Scope_Analysis_v120b24.exe and Nano_Scope_Analysis_v120R1sr3.exe files (that I found via google), the installation fails to finish and gives me an error message saying "access denied". 

Does anyone know of a working link somewhere that I can use to download this software successfully?

Thanks,

Deepti

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments