The Nanoscale World

HP Windows 7 Nanoscope problem

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 24
R.Schmidt posted on Fri, Aug 6 2010 9:18 AM

I have an hp laptop that is running windows 7, and for some reason I am not able to use the newer nanoscope softwares on it.  I have tried both nanoscope v730r1sr2 and sr3.  However, nanoscope version v530r3sr3 works fine.  When I start the newer 7.3 version, an MS-DOS type screen pops up for a slip second, and then nothing happens.  The software shows it is "open" in my task manager, yet it doesn't ever open.  I have tried running in compatibility modes and as an administrator with no luck.  Do you have any recommendations to help me get the program working?

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

I just installed 7.30r1sr3 (offline workstation) on my win7 64bit system with no issues (and no special settings, but I am an admin).  I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling.  Be sure to select offline, not standard when it asks what type of installation.

Another option would be to give Nanoscope Analysis a try.  Instructions on how to download it can be found here: Nanoscope Analysis v120r1sr3.pdf

--Bede

• Filed under:
Top 200 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 56

I have the same issue as R. Schmidt had, NanoScope 7.30r1sr1.44887 does not work in HP laptop (EliteBook 8460p) having windows 7. Everything goes like Schmidt described. I had a Dell with the same win7 and I was able to use the same NanoScope 7.30r1sr1.44887 without any problems. Do you have any recommendations how to solve this?

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Since you are installing on a laptop it is only for offline work. . . Can you use NanoScope Analysis 1.4? http://nanoscaleworld.bruker-axs.com/nanoscaleworld/forums/p/812/2391.aspx#2391

V7 is not supported on Windows 7, but NanoScope analysis is!

Steve

Top 200 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 56

Hi Steve,

I can use NanoScope Analysis 1.4 on my laptop. I'm just used to work with V7 and it has been working on my previous Dell laptop having the same Win7. Weird thing, guess I have to practice using Analysis 1.4.

Regards,

Esa

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

I hope 1.4 works out for you. As a last attempt, you may want to try installing 7.3 on the D drive – that might make a difference since win7 permissions seem more strict for C; it has worked for some people internally.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments