The Nanoscale World

D3000

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 24
Feng Jin posted on Mon, Aug 16 2010 3:54 PM

I am trying to set up a D3000 tool, which had been in storage since 2002.

It seems to me that I can only adjust the red laser dot in the vertical direction and nothing happened when I am trying to adjust it in the horizontal direction.

Could it be that the detector is bad? The RMS Ampl is always at 8.44.

Thanks,

Feng

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
10 Posts
Points 116
Bruker Employee
Suggested by Pat McPhail

Hello Feng

Since the system has been in storage a long time, I suspect the system may be misconfigured.   I'm going to make the assumption that the system is running ver 5 software.  If that's true please click in the DI logo and choose Select  Microscope from the pop-up menu.  You will see any number of microscope configurations.  There may be only one.  Highlight the configuration that matches the D3000 and click the Edit button.   Maks sure that the controller type and extender types match the model that is actually connected.  If you don't have a phase extender of any type connected, then select none as the appropriate choice.   Next, click the serial button.   You would typically have two serial connections for a D3000.   The standard connections would be COM1 trackball and COM2 serial stage.   If this is not the way they are set, that's not necessarily critical.  What is critical is that both these functions are assigned to some serial ports, and that the cables are connected to match the settings in software.  

If you are using some different version of software, or are uncertain what your actural hardware configuration is, pleas feel free to give me a call at 805-967-2700 x 2648

Best Regards

Pat McPhail

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 24

Hello Pat,

The software version on this tool is 4.43r8. I checked the microscope settings and they are correct. I took some photos for the cable connection. Would you please let me know your e-mail address so I can send them to you?

Thank you very much for your help.

Feng

Top 100 Contributor
10 Posts
Points 116
Bruker Employee

Hello Feng

Please email the photos to pmcphail@veeco.com

Best Regards

Pat McPhail

• | Post Points: 10