The Nanoscale World

Script writing?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 46
Jason Steill posted on Wed, Sep 22 2010 5:20 PM

I am looking for information on writing scripts for v6.13.  I am interested in performing a series of ramps in a predetermined shape. I am capturing data from a thermal probe and want to speed up the process in a 6um x 6um section.

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee
Verified by Jason Steill

If you have a Hybrid XYZ head, you should be able to use the PicoForce view to set up a script consisting of linear segments that might work. 

The PicoForce view is not available for scanners that do not have a Z sensor since open loop Z does not give you accurate positioning during scripting.

--Bede

• | Post Points: 14

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Hi Jason,

Are you planning on using PicoForce scripting or do you already have one of our scripting packages like lithoscript or nanoscript?  What channel do you want to ramp?  The Z piezo position?  Do you need to collect data during the ramp or only between ramps?

--Bede

• Filed under:
Top 200 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 46

Bede,

I would like to ramp channel 1, the z piezo position while collecting data during the ramp on channel 2.  We do not have a scripting module, and I am unfamiliar with PicoForce scripting. We have a Dimension 5000 with a IVa controller.

Thank you,

Jason

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee
Verified by Jason Steill

If you have a Hybrid XYZ head, you should be able to use the PicoForce view to set up a script consisting of linear segments that might work. 

The PicoForce view is not available for scanners that do not have a Z sensor since open loop Z does not give you accurate positioning during scripting.

--Bede

• | Post Points: 14
Top 200 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 46

Thank you,

I think the PicoForce view is going to work.

• | Post Points: 10
Top 200 Contributor
4 Posts
Points 46

I cannot find any documentation about the PicoForce view. We are using v613b24. The manual mentions PicoForce twice without a description of how to use it. Do you have any other documentation?

Thank you,

Jason

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

You need support note 394 "Hybrid XYZ SPM Head".  Part number 013-394-000.  Let me see if I can send you a copy...

--Bede

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments