The Nanoscale World

afm tip "cushion"

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
6 Posts
Points 72
Gronfisk posted on Mon, Oct 4 2010 2:37 PM

Does anyone know what is the material that the inside part of the box  of the  Veeco AFM tips are made of?

You know, the very soft , black, material that the tips are lying upon?

I used to use them as support when changing tips, they were ideal because even if the tips were dropped, they would not be damaged.

Now I've moved to a new lab , in a new continent and am feeling a bit lost.

Does anyone know  how to obtain empty Veeco tip boxes? Or if there is another material which is suitable to use as support while changing your AFM tips?

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 25 Contributor
42 Posts
Points 485
Bruker Employee
Verified by Gronfisk

Gronfisk,

The probes are packaged in boxes made by Gel-Pak.  You can find more information here http://www.gelpak.com/, including technical info about the gel itself.  The basic model that we use to package probes is the "AD-23CAS", which is the gel in a 2" x 3" box with a conductive bottom and anti-static top, but Gel-Pak offers many other larger or small sizes that may be more convenient for you.

We do not sell the boxes alone, but I believe Gel-Pak sells them in small quantities if you can order with a credit card.

Dave

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
42 Posts
Points 485
Bruker Employee
Verified by Gronfisk

Gronfisk,

The probes are packaged in boxes made by Gel-Pak.  You can find more information here http://www.gelpak.com/, including technical info about the gel itself.  The basic model that we use to package probes is the "AD-23CAS", which is the gel in a 2" x 3" box with a conductive bottom and anti-static top, but Gel-Pak offers many other larger or small sizes that may be more convenient for you.

We do not sell the boxes alone, but I believe Gel-Pak sells them in small quantities if you can order with a credit card.

Dave

• | Post Points: 13
Top 150 Contributor
6 Posts
Points 72

Thanks a million!

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments