The Nanoscale World

EFM/KFM

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 75 Contributor
13 Posts
Points 154
Luci posted on Tue, Nov 16 2010 2:48 PM

Please, how can I work with EFM/KFM using a NSIIIA with a quadrex . It is possible to work with sample bias and tip bias enabled?

Thank you.

Luci

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts
Points 298
Bruker Employee
Suggested by Bede Pittenger

Hi Luci,

Yes, it is possible to do EFM while applying a DC volage to the tip and/or sample. Note however that the Kelvin loop will control the voltage on tip (typical) or sample, so you will only be able to apply to one of those 2 in this mode. You will have to find the 'Tip Bias Control' and 'Sample Bias Control' parameter settings. If you are using a Multimode, please make sure to use the 'EFM' tip holder. On the Dimension, the standard tip holder will do. You might also want to verify the jumper settings to ensure that a voltage can be applied (cf. KFM chapter in the Quadrex manual - normally these jumper settings should be preset OK, but in case you think someboyd might have changed them, it might be good to verify).

I recommend you consult the EFM/KFM chapter in the manual of your instrument (i.e. the Quadrex manual), as it has some step-by-step instructions in it to use these operating modes (with or without extra DC bias). If you have any remaining questions after going through this, dont hesitate to contact us.

Peter

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments