Nanoscope V530r3sr3 ____ Internal error

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 24
K.Istvan posted on Sat, Dec 11 2010 3:38 AM

Dear colleagues!

I'm working on nanoscope IIIa controller with V530r3sr3 software.

Today happened, that when I started a software it wrote me a message:

Internal error occured:

Get size failure

The program will now exit

It happens for the first time after years of successful using.

What will be the reason of this error? How can I fix it?

Thanks for everybody, who can help me!

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
9 Posts
Points 99

This typically happens when a file gets corrupted.  It can be as easy as replacing the system.par file, or more complicated with the vision drivers.

Depending on the age of the system, you might have a backup directory of your Nanoscope software that has  / Par and  / Equip directories.  If you do, backup your scanner calibration file from the  / Equip directory (it will be the serial number of your scanner, with a .scn extension on the file name) and then overwrite the old directories with the new ones. 

You will also want to locate a System.Par file in the backup directory.  Look in a DI Service folder for all of these.

The System.par file resides in the root directory of your nanoscope folder. 

If this doesn't work, the problem may be one of the vision drivers and may be more difficult to repair.  A backup disk was sent with the system that can be used to get the system back to it's original configuration.  If you need to use this, please contact technical support directly for assistance at 800-873-9750.  You can also email me directly at mark.hilton@bruker-nano.com

Regards,

Mark

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments