The Nanoscale World

BioHeater accessory for AFM

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 38
EstherNano posted on Tue, Feb 15 2011 6:36 AM

I have a question about the BioHeater accessory for AFM (Asylum Research). Is it possible to use this to take measurements at 4oC? If so, how accurate will they be?

Thanks,

Esther

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
75 Posts
Points 3,652
Verified by Ben Ohler

Sorry, there is not a cooling stage available for the Innova. Its only temperature control option is an ambient to 60°C heater. Both heating and cooling (-35°C to 250°C) are available on our MultiMode, Dimension 3100 and Dimension Icon product lines.

Regards,

-Ben

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
75 Posts
Points 3,652

According to their datasheet, the BioHeater can only heat, not cool. Their specification is ambient to 80°C.

There are, however, cooling sample stages available for both Bruker and Asylum AFMs. If you have access to a Veeco/Bruker AFM I can provide more information on the available options.

Regards,

-Ben

Top 50 Contributor
21 Posts
Points 244

Could you please tell me the coolilng sample stages available? I may need that when summer comes. I am using Innova. Thank you! 

Top 10 Contributor
75 Posts
Points 3,652
Verified by Ben Ohler

Sorry, there is not a cooling stage available for the Innova. Its only temperature control option is an ambient to 60°C heater. Both heating and cooling (-35°C to 250°C) are available on our MultiMode, Dimension 3100 and Dimension Icon product lines.

Regards,

-Ben

• | Post Points: 13
replied on Sun, Mar 20 2011 6:20 PM

To add to Ben's answer: The ICON heater/cooler setup is also avaliable on the Dimension Edge.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments