The Nanoscale World

Setting up C-AFM module on multimode with Nanoscope IIIA

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
22 Posts
Points 254
Mithun Bhattacharya posted on Fri, Apr 1 2011 11:59 AM

We  have Veeco Multimode  AFM with  CAFM application module/current sensor/connecting  D15  wires. We do  not have any application note or a pictorial  setup  description  of this application module. The Nanoscope IIIA communicates with the microscope  through Quadrex extender,  but the software does not show the CAFM  MASTER  in  the “microscope profile”.

Could you kindly help  in setting up the microscope  in  CAFM and KPFM modes? What are the hardware and  software necessary  to  set this up?
We look  forward to your  support and cooperation.

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Mithun,

I checked with Mark and Alan in Support and they said you were in contact with them and now in good shape. . .

Keep us posted,
Steve

• | Post Points: 14
Top 50 Contributor
22 Posts
Points 254

We are stuck  again.  Could you please check with Mark and  Alan to see how it  can  be resolved.

Thanks.

Mithun

• | Post Points: 10
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12

Hi Stephen,

I'm also trying to set up C-AFM on my Dimension 3100/NanoScope IIIa.  Is there someone I can get a hold of to upgrade my current tool from DAFM to DAFMCL.  I think it's just a module upgrade, but I'd like to confirm.  Also, if there's a fee based lab part of Bruker that can also do a Scanning Capacitance Measurement for us, that'll be good too.  Whichever can come first.  If the technique proves to be useful, we'd like to work on the upgrade.

Thanks,

Christina

• | Post Points: 12
Top 50 Contributor
25 Posts
Points 295

Christina Monis asked about getting SCM analysis service.  My company, Advanced Surface Microscopy ("ASM"), can do SCM measurements on a fee-for-service basis.

ASM  is an independent analytical testing / contract research lab specializing in AFM and related techniques since 1990.  We are equipped with a full range of electrical application modules, including SCM, CAFM, SSRM, and TUNA..  Please contact us offline at info@asmicro.com to discuss your requirements. 

The short answer to the question about setting up C-AFM on a Dimension 3100/NanoScope IIIa is:
-changing from DAFM to DAFMCL won't get you there
-getting there is more than just a module upgrade.
Please contact us offline for more details and to see how we can help you get there.

As a courtesy to us, and to save your time, please include your contact info when you email us.

Don Chernoff, Ph.D., President
Advanced Surface Microscopy, Inc.; 3250 N. Post Rd., Suite 120;
Indianapolis IN 46226  USA     
E-Mail:  donc@asmicro.com       www.asmicro.com        
Voice: 317-895-5630  Toll free: 800-374-8557 (in USA & Canada)
Fax:     317-895-5652
[business activities since 1990:  analytical services in AFM, AFM probes,
consulting, training, calibration and test specimens,
calibration and measurement software, used NanoScope equipment.]

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments