The Nanoscale World

Problem with download firmware to NSV controller

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
3 Posts
Points 36
acurtin posted on Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:14 AM

Hi,

I have a D5000 that has been acting up recently.  I have a Nanoscope 5 controller and version 7.30 of the software.  When I start everything up and try to bring up the Realtime controls the message box hangs at "(Comparing firmware versions)" after "Autodownloading FPGA firmware."  After the message box disappears, the front panel of the controller just says "Nanoscope Controller" and my Meter view says the laser is bouncing all over the place in a very disturbing manner.

If I reset the controller (using the button NOT the software), the first startup goes ok, and the safe mode firmware is correctly download to the controller.  When I then restart the system to get the current version of firmware,everything hangs up again.

I just tried re-installing the v7.30 software from the bruker site, but this has made no difference. 

My Equip, Par and system.par information are coming from a backup location I made over a month ago when the system was working.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

• | Post Points: 14

All Replies

replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 12:19 PM

Hi Acurtin,

Please contact Bruker customer support at: afmsupport at bruker-nano.com

Stefan

• | Post Points: 10
Top 100 Contributor
9 Posts
Points 99
Suggested by Mark Hilton

Hi 'acurtin',

Let me know if you exchanged the DSP and hard drive as you described earlier.  If that didn't work then we'll need to swap out the NSV.

Best,

Mark

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments