The Nanoscale World

TUNA module on DI3100 with Nanoscope IIIA

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 24
Shaomin posted on Fri, Apr 15 2011 11:34 AM

Dear Bruker, 

We have a TUNA module and want to install it on the DI3100 system with a Nanoscope Extender. Could you please send me a file or link to show how to connect it with the controller. I can not find the D15 pin port on the DI3100 system. Thank you very much. 

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
75 Posts
Points 3,652

Hi Shaomin,

Sorry, it's not possible to use application modules like TUNA on older systems with the original Extender module. They require at least the Quadrex Extender, which is a separate box like the original Extender that can be used with NS3a and NS3D controllers. Quadrex was also built into NSIV controllers. Application modules are also supported on most of our more recent and current AFMs that use the Nanoscope V controller.

It's still possible to upgrade D3100 systems to Quadrex, though I would suggest looking into a NSV upgrade instead. Note that it's not quite as simple as just replacing the Extender box with the Quadrex box. There are other electronics upgrades to the AFM required to support Quadrex. So please don't try borrowing a Quadrex box from another system.

Regards,

-Ben

Top 500 Contributor
2 Posts
Points 24

Thank you very much, Ben.

Another question, is the C-AFM module comaptible with the nanoscope IIIA system. Is the quadrex come with the C-AFM module together or I need to buy independently?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Shaomin

replied on Wed, Apr 27 2011 6:53 PM

Hi Shaomin,

The Quadrex package is not part of CAFM. I suggest you contact your local Bruker office for a quote.

Best,

Stefan

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments