The Nanoscale World

how to adjust force curve profile in version 8 software?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
11 Posts
Points 135
lujie posted on Tue, Apr 19 2011 10:58 PM

our group just updated our multi-mode and use the new software nano  version 8. However instead of  deflection, it has deflection error.

and in manual it says just choosing plot the deflection error vs z?

is that the  final force curve we get? is any difference between deflection error and deflection?

• | Post Points: 14

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Answered (Verified) replied on Wed, Apr 20 2011 11:50 AM
Verified by lujie

Hi Lujie,

The deflection error is the setpoint corrected deflection signal. Nanoscope always used the deflection error in force curves executed from a contact mode scan but historically named it deflection. Nothing has changed but the naming.

Stefan

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
30 Posts
Points 341
Suggested by Guillaume A.

In my mind, there is any difference between deflection and deflection error. They just changed the term.

Guillaume

• | Post Points: 10
Answered (Verified) replied on Wed, Apr 20 2011 11:50 AM
Verified by lujie

Hi Lujie,

The deflection error is the setpoint corrected deflection signal. Nanoscope always used the deflection error in force curves executed from a contact mode scan but historically named it deflection. Nothing has changed but the naming.

Stefan

• | Post Points: 13
Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee
Suggested by Bede Pittenger

To be clear, the difference between the "Deflection error" and the "Deflection" is that the "Deflection Error" = "Deflection" - "Setpoint".  In versions of NanoScope prior to (approximately) version 7, the "Deflection Error" was labeled "Deflection".

--Bede

• | Post Points: 12
Top 75 Contributor
11 Posts
Points 135
lujie replied on Wed, Apr 20 2011 1:46 PM

Thanks for the clarification, Stefan and Bede.

I still have some problems when playing with the new software. Every time when i engage successfully and switch to ramp window. the vertical signal changed to over 0.5 something like that and the retract and approach seems far away from each other. Can you give me some suggestions  base on your experience?

• | Post Points: 14
Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee

Lujie,

Can you post the force curve to hep understand the issue? The raw file is always better, but a bitmap of the curve will also help.

Here is a procedure to post files: http://nanoscaleworld.bruker-axs.com/nanoscaleworld/forums/t/526.aspx

Thanks,

Steve

replied on Thu, Apr 21 2011 11:33 AM

In addition to Steve's suggestion can you pleae also let us know what cantilever and sample you ar using?

Thanks,

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments