Probe recommendations

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 100 Contributor
9 Posts
Points 106
J Price posted on Tue, May 17 2011 11:17 AM

Hi

I am imaging small (10nm) quantum dots with a bioscope catalyst system in fluid and I'm wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good probe.  I'm looking for something that will potential work in both air and fluid with good resolution on a small scale.  

Thank you!

Joshua Price

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Answered (Verified) replied on Tue, May 17 2011 12:18 PM
Verified by J Price

Hi Joshua,

There is not one probe that is ideal for both environments. If you want to use just one type of probes for some reason I would start prioritizing by selecting which environment is more important.

If that is fluids and considering your small structures my recommendation would be to use the ScanAsyst Fluid+ probes. These probes are ideal for your fluid application and should work with maybe some additional minor tweaking in air.

If your plan is to use TappingMode/Contact you may want to look into DNP/SNL c-type levers. Just keep in mind that you may have to change cantilevers holders when switchting from fluid to air imaging.

Best,

Stefan

All Replies

Answered (Verified) replied on Tue, May 17 2011 12:18 PM
Verified by J Price

Hi Joshua,

There is not one probe that is ideal for both environments. If you want to use just one type of probes for some reason I would start prioritizing by selecting which environment is more important.

If that is fluids and considering your small structures my recommendation would be to use the ScanAsyst Fluid+ probes. These probes are ideal for your fluid application and should work with maybe some additional minor tweaking in air.

If your plan is to use TappingMode/Contact you may want to look into DNP/SNL c-type levers. Just keep in mind that you may have to change cantilevers holders when switchting from fluid to air imaging.

Best,

Stefan

Top 100 Contributor
9 Posts
Points 106

Thanks for your help!  I'll be sure to try the Fluid+ probes.  

replied on Tue, May 17 2011 4:41 PM

Egg-selent. Let us know how it worked out.

Stefan

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments