The Nanoscale World

Old Nanoscope DSP cards

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 80
Ismael DIEZ Perez posted on Mon, Jul 18 2011 2:56 PM

Hi all, I have an old Nanoscope E controller with the old computer with ISA Nanoscope III DSP cards on it. After refurbishing the old PC , when I run the computer it still gives me EISA config errors in some of the slots. When I try to go and run the nanoscope software it just crashes on me. I took a look at the EISA setup. EISA cards such as my video card are automatically detected while the ISA cards (such as my DSP Nanoscope cards) have to be config manually. I have a bunch of .CFG files in my hard-drive that should be the drivers for them but when I try to assign some of them to the my DSP cards, they dont work and still give me the EISA slot config error. I couldnt find any site talking about old drivers for these cards and how to install them. The ones I can see in my hard-drive are labelled with AHA and then some numbers. Any help or orientation on that? anybody with similar experience? Thanxs a lot!!

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 77
Answered (Not Verified) Mark replied on Sun, Jul 24 2011 12:55 PM
Suggested by Mark
A typical error in refurbishing / reinstalling ISA DSP / Interface cards, is the default setting in BIOS for PNP ISA cards setting is incorrect for operating the ISA cards under WIN NT ( poss later Operating systems too ). If I remember correctly, you need to Disable PNP in the BIOS for ISA bus slots, ( PNP is Plug N Play ). Aside from setting up the correct settings for INT ( interrrupt ) setting on the DSP card and corresponding entry in the configuring the Z program upon initial start. This discussion assumes you are running WIN NT or later .... and corresponding Z version of the nanoscope program. If PNP is not disabled in BIOS the DSP is not properly recognized, but similarly if the INT setting is not set the same in Z and on the dips witches on the DSP, there are related software issues.
  • | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments