PF QNM Tip qualification

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
35 Posts
Points 405
BenSD posted on Mon, Aug 1 2011 6:28 PM

Hello,

What kind of surface can I use to determin the radius of my tip?

Can I use VGRP-GS surface and if yes how?

Thanks.

• | Post Points: 14

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Answered (Verified) replied on Mon, Aug 1 2011 7:04 PM
Verified by BenSD

The sample you are referring to is a grid and as such good for xyz calibration but not for tip radius determination. There is a "tip-check" sample that exhibits sharp corners that can be used to estimate the tip radius using nanoscope software. I don't have the part number handy but if you call customer support in santa barbara or bruker afm probes they for sure can give you the part number.

Best,

Stefan  

• | Post Points: 11

All Replies

Answered (Verified) replied on Mon, Aug 1 2011 7:04 PM
Verified by BenSD

The sample you are referring to is a grid and as such good for xyz calibration but not for tip radius determination. There is a "tip-check" sample that exhibits sharp corners that can be used to estimate the tip radius using nanoscope software. I don't have the part number handy but if you call customer support in santa barbara or bruker afm probes they for sure can give you the part number.

Best,

Stefan  

• | Post Points: 11
Top 10 Contributor
75 Posts
Points 3,652
Suggested by Ang Li

The titanium roughness sample for tip characterization (model RS-15M) is available from the Bruker AFM Probes website (link). This version is premounted on a 15mm sample disk. It's also available unmounted as model RS. Once you image the sample you can then analyze it using our free NanoScope Analysis software (link) to estimate the tip shape.

-Ben

Top 25 Contributor
35 Posts
Points 405
BenSD replied on Tue, Aug 2 2011 10:27 AM

OK Thank you!

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments