The Nanoscale World

Is there any fast way export multiple curves out of the point and shoot .mca files into Igor or Origin?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 15 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
10 Posts
Points 120
Jonathan posted on Tue, Aug 16 2011 6:58 AM

Dear Community,

I am working with Nanoscope 6.13R1. I have modified the Multimode to work with a Femto amplifier  and use the point and shoot mode to capture I-V curves in a contact conducting AFM Mode. Now I have multiple I-V curves which need to be analysed, the on board functions are not useful to handle this data, thats why I need a fast method/way to export that data into Igor or Origin. I tried the Nanoscope Analysis software, which can open the files but does not read the correct voltage values. Export there is also quite slow. Does anyone have a routine for that or do I have to programm one myself?

Regards

Jonathan

• | Post Points: 14

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
288 Posts
Points 3,905
Bruker Employee
Verified by Jonathan

Jonathan,

Thanks for sending the files and this is indeed a bug. The work-around is to export from the NanoScope realtime (checked 8.15) and not NanoScope Analysis. We will fix this in the next release (1.4r1sr2), and I should be able to send you a Beta next week.

Steve

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
12 Posts
Points 139
Peter replied on Thu, Feb 16 2012 3:56 AM

I have had similar needs. I had to extract STS curves from CITS images in older versions of Nanoscope program. I have a working script for this in Scilab (Matlab clone). It has a routine to automatically read out values from the file header. Perhaps you can modify it to suit your needs.
You can find it here.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 2 of 2 (16 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments