Trouble in startup

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
15 Posts
Points 177
simon posted on Mon, Nov 7 2011 1:25 PM

Hello.

We are using Scanning Probe Microscope Controller (Nano Scope IIIa), Dimension 3100 Controller, in our lab for AFM measurement. Today, there were troubles when system started up. When computer started, there was a message:

"At least one service or driver failed during system startup"

Then we checked the event viewer, there are some error events:

Event ID 7000

The Matrox corona service failed to start due to the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Event ID 7000

The DiNs56K service failed to start due to the following error: Attempt to access invalid address.

Event ID 28

The description for Event ID (28) in Source (corona) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s):, A, Serial\Device\Serial 10000

Event ID 24

The description for Event ID (24) in Source (DiNs56K) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s):, mga 64, \Device\Video0. Translated.

Event ID 24

The description for Event ID (24) in Source (DiNs56K) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s):, DiNs56K. Translated.

Do you have any idea what's the reason of this problem and how to solve it?

Thank you very much.

Haizheng

• | Post Points: 12

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 50 Contributor
15 Posts
Points 177
Answered (Verified) simon replied on Tue, Nov 8 2011 9:37 AM
Verified by simon

We called technician and fixed the problem. It was due to that the PC battery was exhausted and CMOS was initialized.Huh?

This problem was solved by changing battery and resetting IRQ resource.

Joop, still thanks for your reply.

• | Post Points: 13

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
60 Posts
Points 651

Hi,

It looks like you had an update of your Matrox video drivers. Try to restore your system with "System Restore" in Assessoiries" to a date it was working fine.

If the program works again, look at the updates that needs to be intalled and exclude the matrox video driver update.

If that not the case, I would go for a complete recovery with the CD delivered with the system. I think I once made it working again with only copying the PAR directory from the recovery disk, but I am not sure anymore.

Before recovery make sure you backup your data...

Joop

Top 50 Contributor
15 Posts
Points 177
Answered (Verified) simon replied on Tue, Nov 8 2011 9:37 AM
Verified by simon

We called technician and fixed the problem. It was due to that the PC battery was exhausted and CMOS was initialized.Huh?

This problem was solved by changing battery and resetting IRQ resource.

Joop, still thanks for your reply.

• | Post Points: 13
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12

Hi

I have recently set up and old AFM system very similar to yours and am having the same problems. I have changed the battery but do not know what you mean by CMOS was initialized and how to reset IRQ resource.? The computer I am using is running windows NT.

Top 50 Contributor
15 Posts
Points 177
simon replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 3:30 PM

When the computer just starts up, you can press "DEL" key to enter "CMOS setting". Enter "PnP/PCI Configurations" --> "IRQ Resources", Change "IRQ-11" to "Legacy ISA"

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments