DMT modulus

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
15 Posts
Points 180
fangfang posted on Mon, Nov 21 2011 8:29 PM

Hi,

After I got DMT modulus image, how do I analyze the image? Such as the average value of DMT modulus? Do I need to flatten the image?

Thanks!

Fangfang

• | Post Points: 14

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
129 Posts
Points 1,429
Answered (Verified) Ang Li replied on Tue, Nov 22 2011 9:49 AM
Verified by fangfang

sorry, Fangfang, I made a mistake in my last reply, you can check mean value in roughness analysis for the average modulus.

• | Post Points: 11

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
129 Posts
Points 1,429
Ang Li replied on Tue, Nov 22 2011 2:26 AM

Hi, Fangfang,

You should not flatten modulus image, it will change your data. To get average, you can simply use roughness function to get Rq and Ra for your analysis. 

LA 

• | Post Points: 12
Top 10 Contributor
129 Posts
Points 1,429
Answered (Verified) Ang Li replied on Tue, Nov 22 2011 9:49 AM
Verified by fangfang

sorry, Fangfang, I made a mistake in my last reply, you can check mean value in roughness analysis for the average modulus.

• | Post Points: 11
replied on Thu, Nov 24 2011 6:17 AM

Hi Fangfang,

Use the Bearing Analysis function of Nanoscope Analysis. Define the area (draw a square with the mouse) to be processed and click execute. You will get the histogram distribution and the average value. Note that you can do this with any channel. Ang is right: be very careful with the flattening orders; this can screw up your original values.

Alex.

• | Post Points: 10
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 12

hi Ang Li,

may I know if there's any way to to extract the exact shape of the particle from the image and get the average modulus value? So far the only method I know is draw a box on that sample and get the value but then I lost most of the particle surface. I don't think the modulus value represents the whole sample. Is it?

• | Post Points: 12
Top 10 Contributor
129 Posts
Points 1,429
Ang Li replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 11:20 PM

Hi, Solverra,

If your particles can be recognized in the modulus channel, you can try particle analysis function to get the averaged modulus value of each particle. Besides this, bearing analysis may also help to get the overall average modulus depending on the contrast of your particles in the modulus channel. If you need further help, you can send your file to my email here: ang.li@bruker-nano.com.

Ang Li

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments