The Nanoscale World

Does the QNMOffline need a QNM key?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
11 Posts
Points 148
Fenny posted on Mon, Jan 16 2012 1:28 AM

1. I find the Nanoscope Anaysis (latest version downloaded) invalid in the force curve analysis.

Once I open the HSDC file, and click on the QNM-Hsdc Force Curve-Image icon, I get this warning message:

The QNMOffline needs either QNMOffline or HaarmoniX or PeakForceQNM Key.

Then after I load the image, the interface would show incomplete, the force curve selection area as well as the exporting curve option show invalid gray.As a result, I can neither show the force curves of selected areas nor export curves. 

2. How do I use the Hertzian Fit Equation to calculate Young's modulus once I've otained the equation?

Would anyone show me how to get around these? Thanks. 

• | Post Points: 14

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Answered (Verified) replied on Mon, Jan 16 2012 6:19 PM
Verified by Fenny

Hi Fenny,

The QNM analysis part is indeed keyed. If you do have a Nanoscope system with the QNM option installed and would like a key for an additional PC to analyze the data you may want to contact Bruker AFM customer support.

Stefan

• | Post Points: 11

All Replies

Answered (Verified) replied on Mon, Jan 16 2012 6:19 PM
Verified by Fenny

Hi Fenny,

The QNM analysis part is indeed keyed. If you do have a Nanoscope system with the QNM option installed and would like a key for an additional PC to analyze the data you may want to contact Bruker AFM customer support.

Stefan

• | Post Points: 11
Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Hi Fenny,

You do need a key for the QNM-HSDC force curve analysis to convert HSDC data to force curves.  If you have purchased PeakForce QNM you will have the realtime key on your data acquisition system, so you can use Nanoscope analysis on that system to use the QNM-HSDC force curve analysis.  If you would like to do this on another system (laptop, etc), you will need to contact service to get a key (afmsupport at bruker dash nano dot com).  There is no charge if you have a PeakForce QNM system.

Once you've obtained the force curve and you have fit the separation plot (please be sure that it is set-up to plot force vs. separation with units of force on the Y axis before doing the fit!), you should refer to this thread for discussion of how to get the modulus: http://nanoscaleworld.bruker-axs.com/nanoscaleworld/forums/p/668/1468.aspx#1468

--Bede

• | Post Points: 12
Top 75 Contributor
11 Posts
Points 148
Fenny replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 2:51 AM

I see, thanks a lot.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments