The Nanoscale World

Nanoscope Analysis questions

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
17 Posts
Points 200
dalia posted on Thu, Jan 19 2012 9:51 AM

Hi,

I have been using nanoscope analysis version 1.40.  a couple of questions:

1) How can I extract a parameter file on QNM images? Specifically, I would like to see what the OLS and spring constant used for the image.  I know I can't retroactively adjust it, I would just like to look at what the values were if, for example, I forgot to record them.

2) on cross section plots, how can I just read the value of the y-axis at a given point?  For example, I don't want to measure the y value between teh 2 cursors, just to know the absolute y value for a given position at x?

Thanks!

Dalia

• | Post Points: 12

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Hi Dalia,

Here are some answers for you:

1) You can use the Nanoscope Analysis browser to see the spring constants for multiple files or open the file and select File>Display properties. 

Unfortunately, I just discovered that the spring constant is not saved in the header of image files, only Force Plots (or other ramps).  I'll request that this be added.  I am also looking into whether it is possible to calculate the spring constant from any other parameters that are present in the header.

2) Section does not return the value of a single cursor, only differences.  When I want to measure the y value at a given point, I use the roughness function, draw a small box over the area of interest, hit "Execute" and look at the Mean (not the "Image Mean"!).  I will submit a feature request for the functionality to be added to Section as well.

--Bede

Top 10 Contributor
129 Posts
Points 1,429
Ang Li replied on Fri, Jan 20 2012 10:02 AM

Indeed spring constant was not present in the property list, I usually calculated it from Sens.ForceDeflSens (nN/V) and Sens.DeflecSens (nm/V).

Maybe a 'point and shoot' analysis function to check single spot values will be quite useful in the analysis software and in real time imaging software, sometimes it will be helpful if we can check the cross section on the scanning image.

LA

Top 10 Contributor
280 Posts
Points 6,221
Bruker Employee

Thanks Ang Li,

As you say, the spring constant= Sens. ForceDeflSens/Sens. DeflSens. 

Sens. DeflSens is available as a predefined browser column.  Sens. ForceDeflSens is not, but you could set up the "User Defineable" column with this as a workaround...

--Bede

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 10

Hi

I have a problem, I'm analyzing the depth histogram and export the XZ data of the graph, but when calculating the roughness parameters of these (for example average roughness, RMS roughness, skewness or kurtosis), these don't match those of NanoScope Analysis v1.4.

The question is, depth histogram can obtain the roughness parameters using the formulas that come in the manual of NanoScope Analysis v1.4? or is there some algorithm that I'm not considering?

Thank you so much

Rafael.

• | Post Points: 10
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2011 Bruker Instruments